subtitle: the one where i give up drinking FOREVER.
first, right, can i just say that
1. i’m really not much of a drinker
2. i don’t think getting drunk is cool
but 3. accidents do happen
in my defence, C., one of my oldest and bestest friends was in town, having travelled 3267846283747 hours and 326478623586476 miles JUST TO SEE ME.
in my defence, we hadn’t seen each other for 2 years and would have less than 48 hours together before she flew home.
in my defence, i think we just tried to fit too much of everything into the first THREE HOURS of our time together.
top detective like, i checked facebook the next day to see if i’d said anything stupid.
and yes, stupidity had occurred.
1. plastic cups are safer than glass
2. when you’ve had too much, it wouldn’t be considered “wasteful” to just pour it away
3. adding a slice of lemon at midnight is not the cure for drunk
i’ve been sitting quietly in a darkened room ever since.
… so this is what 40 feels like, eh?